Comfort and convenience
- Our Holiday Homes are all 28 ft long and 10 ft wide
- Sleep a maximum of 4 people in a double and a twin bedroom
- Have very good insulation in the walls, floor and ceiling
- Gas fire in lounge and warm air heated bedrooms
- Heated towel rail in the bathroom
- Double glazing all round
- More features detailed below
Gannet - Being close to the pontoon, with direct views out to sea, it is ideal for keeping an eye on your boat!
Gunnera - Only 15 metres away from the water's edge with views directly out to Cuan Sound, ideal for families with small children and is still good for keeping an eye on your boat if you use the pontoon.
From April 2020, 4 berth 28ft x 16ft luxury lodge with patio doors onto decking, central heating, double glazed, fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher.
Otter – One of our most popular van being sited on the waters’ edge by the slipway - perfect for keeping an eye on your boat, and excellent for otter spotting!
Seal – Sited on the water's edge, with views of Seil, Torsa, Shuna and the mainland.
Heron - Tucked away in the corner on the water's edge, with views to Seil, Torsa, Shuna and the mainland.
Orchid Lodge - No Pets except assistance, guide dogs etc, Luxury four berth 30ft x 20ft double glazed with central heating (maximum 4 people). Located at the top of our small hill, approximately 15 feet above sea level, looking directly out over Cuan Sound towards Seil, Torsa and the mainland. Wheel chair accessible with ramp and glass fronted decking, full wet room, double room, twin room, dishwasher and large 40" Freesat TV and DVD. Available all year.
Birches - Sited at the top of our wee hill, with views directly out over Cuan Sound towards Seil, the mainland and Torsa.
Heather - Opposite the pontoon, with views directly out to the sea, it is ideal for keeping an eye on your boat!
Holiday home features:
- Kitchen with full size gas cooker with four rings, grill and oven, microwave, under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, electric kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils and other essentials. We also provide a selection of environmentally friendly cleaning products including washing up liquid and multi surface cleaner, washing up cloth, scourer, tea towels, compost bin and oven gloves.
- Bathroom with shower, heated towel rail, toilet, wash basin with hand soap and shower mat, towels are provided.
- Combined lounge and dining area with gas fire, comfortable seating, flat screen colour television with Free Sat channels and DVD player, information folder and great complimentary views.
- Bedrooms have cupboards for storage & warm air heaters. Bed linen including duvets, pillows and warm blankets are provided, with the beds made up for your arrival, hair drier. We have portable oil filled radiators available if you get chilly - just ask.
- All holiday homes have a heated towel rail in the bathroom and a clothes airer & pegs that can be hung outside on a window sill.
- A travel cot (please bring your own bedding), bed bar and high chair are provided free of charge for our smaller guests if you ask at time of booking, subject to availability.
- In addition to most of the above...
- Feature windows and patio door leading onto glass fronted decking that faces Cuan Sound.
- Very well appointed L shape kitchen area with large fridge freezer and dish washer.
- Central heating and insulation to residential specification.
- Wet room with sink, toilet, shower and grab handles.
- Wheelchair accessible with wide doors.
- Large 40" Freesat TV and DVD player.
- All of our holiday homes are less than 5 years old, double glazed and environmental green in colour to blend in with our beautiful surroundings and they have plenty of insulation in the floor, walls and ceiling for your added comfort and are noticeably warmer and more spaced out than the older caravans you'll find on many holiday parks.
- We allow well behaved dogs in all our homes except Orchid Lodge. Please bring your own dog(s) blankets, towels and bedding. A vacuum cleaner is in each van for keeping dog hairs at bay!
Please note that all holiday homes are strictly non-smoking.
On Site Facilities
"The Bothy" is located at the top of the site across the way from Orchid and Birches.
Inside you will find -
- Free WiFi hot spot with a small table and two chairs for your comfort
- A good selection of DVD films available for your enjoyment
- Chest freezer well stocked with shellfish caught by the Luing fishermen, venison, burgers and sausages for the BBQ and other meats all from the local area, ready made meals locally made using lots of organic ingredients,(subject to availability).
- Selection of gifts including t shirts, postcards, hand painted slates.
- Wildlife and other books of interest
- BBQs, charcoal and tools
- Crab lines and nets
- Iron and ironing board
- Washing Machine and tumble drier (small charge includes powder/conditioner)
- We have eggs available from our own hens as well.
Next to "The Bothy" is a drying shed for guests to hang wet jackets, shoes etc if they happen to get caught out in the rain.
Bike hire with "Specialized" and Raleigh electric bikes available at reduced rates for guests plus tag alongs and trailer.
We have a pontoon available if you wish to bring your own boat, but please check its availability first.
We can recycle paper, tins and plastic for you on site but ask that you take your glass empties back over on the ferry to the glass recycling facility at North Cuan. Each caravan has a small compost bin for you to use which can then be emptied into our bigger compost bins.
For your convenience, our very well stocked Luing Stores can provide you with your groceries. If you wish to pre order some food and drink, please contact Birgit and Norrie on 01852 314276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orchid Lodge interior shown above